13 Ways to have a calm mind..
Sometimes life can get on top of us and having a calm mind seems so far away. Once stress takes hold it can often feel like quite a challenge to get back on track again. Here are 13 ways that you can get back to having a calm mind..
- Replace your negative thoughts with a positive opposite
- Be grateful. You can always take a positive out of a negative situation. There is always something to grateful of and we learn more from negative events in life than the good ones sometimes. Being grateful can change your mood instantly.
- Meditation. This will completely rest your mind by stopping the mind chatter.
- Interact with a pet. Studies show this has a calming effect on the mind.
- Take time out in nature.
- Create a to-do list. This way you won’t stress about forgetting anything or get too bogged down trying to remember everything.
- Spend time with people that have a positive impact on you, negative people will only drain you more!
- Find what you really love to do and do it!
- Eat foods that give you the feel good factor. Avoid the ones that don’t. Nothing worse than eating crap and beating yourself up later!
- Take up exercise. Yoga is great for keeping the mind calm.
- Accept what you cannot change and learn from it as a positive.
- Let go of any beliefs that are negative and hold you back. They will only continue to hold you back from ever having a peaceful mindset.
- Cut down on reading and viewing as many negative things as you can. Watching and reading positive articles, stories, movies and documentaries will have a positive impact on your mind.