This dish is not only simple to make, but tastes great too! Have it as part of a salad or to accompany your main meal.
Prep time – 10 mins
Cook time – 20 mins
- 115g / 4oz Quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Red Onions
- 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Raw beetroots grated (200g / 7oz)
- Handful of Parsley roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- Put Quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under the cold tap, then put into a sauce pan with 300ml / half pint of water and bring to the boil. Cover and leave to cool slowly for 15 mins. Remove from hear and allow to stand covered for 5 mins
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, add onions, stir and coat with the oil and then cover and leave to cook for 10 mins or until tender.
- Stir apple cider vinegar into the onions, let it bubble, then remove from the heat and add quinoa, lemon juice, beetroot, parsley. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve with red chard leaves, parsley or salad.