Toxins are everywhere..in the air we breathe either in our homes or outside.
The cleaning products we use are filled with chemicals, furniture is treated with fire retardants, carpets out gas fumes from their stain repellents and the glue used in their manufacture all of which are detrimental to our health.
On top of that our food supply is laced with pesticides and herbicides, our meat is filled with growth hormones and antibiotics and our water is polluted with industrial waste, bacteria, residue from over the counter, illegal and prescription drugs.
Then there are the personal care products we use without a second thought. Many people may not know that the skin moisturizer they are using can contain toxic chemicals, some of which are known carcinogens.
How about our toothpastes? We are using them to promote oral health and yet they too can be tainted with toxins, and many of our dentists are still using silver fillings which expose us to mercury!
Our cell phones, computers and microwave ovens expose us to radiation.
In the last 50 years there have been more chemicals introduced into our environment than ever before and our exposure to electromagnetic fields keeps growing.
Our bodies were made to cleanse themselves, but the burden they have to deal with has become overwhelming. No wonder so many people are walking around feeling achy, fatigued and low energy.
It all sounds like there is no hope, but we can take steps to detoxify and maintain our health and vitality. I
One of the easiest and most relaxing ways is to take a detox bath. It’s a good idea to take it at least a few hours before or after food, and the best is before bedtime.
There are a number of detox bath recipes to help do the job, but one of my favorites is a Simple Cleansing Bath.
1. Fill the bathtub with hot water. ( If your water contains chlorine, you can add 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (3%) to the bathwater.)
2. Add 2 cups of baking soda to neutralize the acids of the toxins.
3. Add 2 cups of Epsom Salts to the water. They will help draw toxins out of the body. If you have a rash or open cut, the Epsom Salts may sting, so do not use them.
4. Soak in the tub for 1/2 hour. If you like, you can also add a cup of apple cider vinegar to the mix. It helps draw out toxins and softens your skin.
If you choose, add a cup of apple cider vinegar to the mix. It helps draw out toxins and softens your skin.
Towel dry and go to bed. You should feel totally relaxed and have a great night’s sleep.
Awakening, Health and Healing – John Shore
Gathering of Minds Two Year Anniversary
12th September 2015 London
Following a period away from the “rat race”, exploring various ways to “get well”, John woke up to a different perspective of life.
John’s talk explores this journey, covers areas of health and various healing modalities which he now uses to stay in balance.
One is a connection to “energies” which his own physics degree background could not explain, such as “psychic surgery” and “distant energy”.
- My awakening & healing journey + science / engineering background
- Little known toxins in our environment
- Methods I use to boost my immune system
- Techniques to help bring balance to our energy body