How to Manage Your Stress Before it Manages You!
We all know that stress is a complex thing and can have many negative effects on our bodies and minds.
However managing it takes more than a few deep breaths & positive thoughts for most of us.
So how do we manage this beast called stress?
Stress is a psychological and physiological response to anything that happens to disturb the harmony of our lives or our personal equilibrium in some way or another.
The problem with the body’s stress response process is that as there are so many situations that can trigger stress, eg traffic jams, work situations etc, that the more often your body responds to these crises the harder it is to shut off and your stress hormones, heart rate, & blood pressure remain elevated even long after the crisis has passed.
This obviously places a heavy toll on the body which can result in long term health problems.
How to Manage Your Stress
You will agree it is therefore essential to learn how to deal with stress in a way that has a positive influence & reduce its negative impact on your daily life.
6 Ways to Effectively Manage Your Stress
- Healthy Body = Healthy Mind Exercise never fails to help relieve the intensity of the stress in your life
- Deep Breathing Calms Anxiety Breathing deeply from your diaphragm will reduce general anxiety and provide additional benefits, such as lowered blood pressure and heart rate. Also, it is estimated that deep breathing eliminates about 70 percent of the toxins and wastes in our bodies.
- Help Others Doing something positive will help you work your way out of your negative inner thought circle.
- Healthy Mind = Healthy Body Out of the approximately 60,000 thoughts an average person has every day, nearly 80 percent of these thoughts are negative which effects your thought patterns and behaviours subconsciously and subsequently has an extremely unhealthy impact on your body.
- Stimulants Reduce your intake of stimulants as too much caffeine stimulates the central nervous system stimulator that works against your attempts to relax the body and calm the mind – the result of course is anxiety, insomnia, a racing mind – all contributing to stress.
- Relax Easier said than done but by practicing certain relaxation techniques you can counteract the negative effects of stress. If practiced regularly Yoga is extremely effective in serving as a protective quality by teaching you how to stay calm and collected in the face of life’s curve balls.
In conclusion whilst stress is undeniably damaging, there are many things you can do to manage it effectively and reduce its harmful effects on the body and mind.
Having overcome a 10-year eating disorder, two suicide attempts, divorce, drug and alcohol addiction and 2 failed businesses, Marina Pearson-Summers now lives a fulfilling and effortless life with a loving husband, and coaching practice in Bali.
International TEDx Speaker and Best Selling Author Marina Pearson, will be delivering a powerful talk 8th March at Gathering of Minds in London, showing us how we can transform ourselves to become effortless and start gaining the results we want.
During Marina’s talk the audience will discover..
– The missing ingredient that will transform your stress & struggle into effortless living and results.
– How to overcome the 3 biggest illusions that will guarantee your STOP of FLOW and SUCCESS.
– The keys to creating an effortless life with results.