The human digestive system is a complex series of organs and glands that processes food. In order to use the food we eat, our body has to break the food down into smaller molecules that it can process it also has to send out waste. Poor digestion has been a problem for all of us at one time or another.
To properly digest your food, you need digestive enzymes. If you eat cooked and processed foods, you are using up your natural supply of digestive enzymes. So, as you age, digestion becomes more difficult for your body. It’s proven that older people have lower quantities of natural digestive enzymes than younger people do. Digestion is an important process and key to excellent health. Good digestion can help speed up metabolism while poor digestion causes a sluggish metabolism and weight gain.
Overeating is a main cause of digestive problems. The body can only digest a certain amount of protein at one time. What isn’t digested gets stored as waste and creates toxins. Too many different types food will require more enzymes than your body can produce at one time. This will lead to digestive problems.
I have heard it said if you don’t finish chewing your food, it will just take longer to digest in the stomach. This isn’t true. If you don’t complete the chewing process your stomach enzymes cannot do their job. This makes it almost impossible for the intestinal enzymes to break down the food when it finally gets there.
Poor digestion leaves the body and the immune system in the same dilemma that poor nutrition does, a lack of nutritional factors that support immune functioning and the function of the entire body. This happens because a poor functioning digestive system has lost some of the ability to turn what’s consumed into a form the body can use.
We’re using up digestive enzymes faster than we used to and we have a limited amount of them. Processed food is a contributing factor. There are numerous symptoms like gas, bloating, belching, muscle pain, skin disorders, insomnia, constipation, diarrhoea, and heartburn. An insufficient digestive system will take away enzymes from the immune system to operate as a result weakening the immune function. Poor digestive means increases the body’s toxic load.
The average British diet does not contain enough live foods. As we age we also decrease our enzyme stores in our body, making digestion more difficult, by trying Multizyme, you could help those poor digestion problems you may have. This is a complete enzyme formulation.
How to Repair your digestive system. What could be causing the problems..
- Our low-fiber, high-sugar, processed, nutrient-poor, high-calorie diet, which causes all the wrong bacteria and yeast to grow in our gut and damages the delicate ecosystem in your intestines
- Overuse of medications that damage the gut or block normal digestive function — things like acid blockers (Prilosec, Nexium, etc.), anti-inflammatory medication (aspirin, Advil, and Aleve), antibiotics, steroids and hormones
- Undetected gluten intolerance, celiac disease or low-grade food allergies to foods such as dairy, eggs or corn.
- Chronic low-grade infections or gut imbalances with overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine, yeast overgrowth, parasites or even more serious gut infections
- Toxins like mercury and mould toxins, which damage the gut
- Lack of adequate digestive enzyme function, which can come from acid-blocking medication use or zinc deficiency
- Stress, which can alter the gut nervous system, cause a leaky gut, and change the normal bacteria in the gut